Sunday, November 21, 2010

Going fully Mech

Played a few games yesterday with a new fully Mech list and had alot of fun:

Librarian (Null Zone, Avenger)

Tac x10, Flamer, ML, Rhino, Dozer Blade
Tac x10, Flamer, ML, Rhino, Dozer Blade
Tac x5, Laz/Plaz Razorback
Tac x5, Laz/Plaz Razorback
Sterguard x7, Combi Melta x2, Rhino, Dozer Blade
Dread w/ 2x TL AC
Dread w/ 2x TL AC
Landspeeder w/ MM/HF
Landspeeder w/ MM/HF
Landspeeder w/ MM/HF
Pred w/ LC Sponsons
Pred w/ LC Sponsons
Devastators x5 w/ 4 Missile Launcher, Laz/Plaz Razorback


This is a big change from my usual biker/mech hybrid list, however I wanted to give it a try.  It worked fantastic.  A TON of suppressive fire kept my enemies in check and I was able to keep what felt like control on the table.  Sure it wasnt as fast as my other list, but it worked, and that speaks for itself.

Thinking of dropping out the Dev squad and putting in a Thunderfire cannon to help slow the enemy from advancing to my line.  I might also switch the speeders to MM attack bikes.  I could also fill out the sternguard to 10 with the remaining points and give 4 ML's which is 5 points cheaper then the previous Dev squad I had in.

Anyways, going to try an 1850 take on this soon and see how it goes.  Will be without the Devs' and the speeders will be attack bikes.  Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment