Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dec 4th Tourney at Showcase Comics, Media PA PART 1

First part of my summary of the 1850 Tourney at Showcase comics at the Granite Run Mall in Media, PA.  Went with Dameon and his Thousand Sons and had a great time.

This was my first Tourney and I decided to field my Gunline Vanilla Marines.  This was also the first time I have ever played 1850 points, which to me is a strange number.  Anyways, it was a great time and I did much better than I thought I would.  I took 2nd place best General and I think somewhere around 4th place overall, waiting for total points to be posted.


                                                            1850 Crimson Fists (Vanilla)
Terminator Librarian with Storm Shield - Null Zone, Avenger
10 man Tactical w/ Melta Gun, Missile Launcher in Rhino w/ Dozer Blade
10 man Tactical w/ Melta Gun, Missile Launcher in Rhino w/ Dozer Blade
5 man Tactical w/ Combi Melta in Razorback w/ Lascannon/twin linked plasma gun
5 man Tactical in Razorback w/ lascannon/twin linked plasma gun
5 Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield Terminators
1 Dreadnought w/ 2 twin linked autocannons
1 Dreadnought w/ 2 twin linked autocannons
1 Attack bike w/ Multi Melta
1 Attack bike w/ Multi Melta
1 Attack bike w/ Multi Melta
Thunderfire Cannon w/ Techmarine in Servo Harness
1 Predator w/ Autocannon turret and lascannon sponsons
1 Predator w/ Autocannon turret and lascannon sponsons
1850 points

Overall this list did great.  I didnt need the dozer blades and would of preferred to use the 10 points for another combi weapon on the Razorback tactical squad, but oh well, you never know till after the fact.  I put out a great amount of volume of fire and the thunderfire did great as well.  Additionally, the small termie squad really put the hurt down in all 3 games, usually they just die, but not this day.  I was def. missing the usual heavy flamers from the dreads and speeders I have become accustomed to, leaving me a bit underpowered against hordes, which luckily I didnt play this time.

Will post battle summaries soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment